You’ve built this business from the ground up, and you’ve worked tirelessly to gain a solid reputation in your area. Beginning to consider whether or not to partner with a marketing firm or agency to take your business to the next level is a big decision, and one to be considered carefully. We wholeheartedly believe in the importance of forming close relationships with each of our clients and have seen firsthand just how impactful this can be in delivering quality results that directly tie back to business goals.
As you consider who will be the best fit for your company, we’ve found that asking some key questions can help you confidently make your decision.
01. HOW DO YOU LEARN ABOUT THE CLIENTS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE INDUSTRIES?
Your marketing partner will be speaking to your customers. Do they know what to say and how to say it? The goal is that by working with a marketing firm, you’ll be able to both lighten your workload and enhance the success of your marketing efforts.
With this in mind, it’s so important that whoever you choose has a very clear response around how they will approach getting to know your business, your industry, and the target market you hope to reach.
02. WHAT TOOLS DO YOU USE TO MONITOR SUCCESSES AND OPPORTUNITIES WITH MARKETING EFFORTS?
One of the most important elements of any marketing efforts is the ability to continuously improve over time with the use of data and insights. You can’t have a one-time-set-up-and-coast attitude toward marketing and, especially today, there are so many ways to gain insights around what’s working well [and what isn’t!].
Your marketing partner should have a distinct plan around how they continuously monitor efforts and provide you with consistent new ways to further enhance efforts.
03. TELL ME MORE ABOUT YOUR EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS, AND EXPERIENCE.
The marketing industry is saturated with individuals and companies who seem to give a never-ending laundry list about the services they provide. Be very intentional about determining the true expertise of any firms you are considering. Specifically, ask about:
- Education – What formal education has the team received?
- Credentials – What industry-specific credentials does the team hold? Some esteemed – and applicable! – credentials you may want to consider include those from Google, Facebook, and Hubspot.
- Experience – What examples can the firm provide of other clients with whom they’ve had success? What specifically did they do in order to directly impact the success of those organizations?
04. WHAT IS YOUR FEE SCHEDULE, AND HOW DO YOU CHARGE?
Insider tip: Look for complete and open transparency. Anything other than a direct and confident response should raise a red flag. Partnering with a marketing firm will be an investment that you make in your business, and one that you should feel completely comfortable with.
Firms and agencies bill in a variety of different ways (i.e. hourly, project-based, etc.), but they should be able to provide you with full transparency around how they do bill and what terms are associated with billing.
05. WHAT’S YOUR BEVERAGE OF CHOICE?
Okay, maybe that’s not important. The point here is simple: You deserve to work with a team who you feel completely comfortable with and could easily go to a coffee date or happy hour with. Creating a strong relationship just further amplifies the impact potential that the firm can have on your business.
Interested in working with the 507 team? Our first step to any new relationship is to hold a complimentary consultation where we walk through all of these questions – and more! – to determine whether we both feel that we are the right fit for each other. You can connect with us today to schedule a meeting.